Annulment of Marriage Solicitors in London | Civil Partnership in UK

Annulment of Marriage or Civil Partnership in UK

Annulment (sometimes known as ‘nullity’) is a different way of ending a marriage or civil partnership.

You or your spouse or civil partner must have either:

  • lived in England or Wales for at least a year
  • had a permanent home in England or Wales for at least 6 months

You’ll need to show that the marriage or civil partnership:

  • was never legally valid (‘void’)
  • was legally valid, but meets one of the reasons that makes it ‘voidable’

An annulment of marriage or civil partnership process can take up to 6 months. However, in complicated case, the process can take much longer than 6 months and time would vary depending on the complexity of the matter.

If you would like to talk to us about your divorce/ financial settlement, or if you would like to know more about our divorce services, Contact our Divorce Lawyers in East London

Call us on 020 3130 1769 or E-Mail us  at

Open chat