Legend Solicitors is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website and/or our professional legal services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Mr Aravind Seervalan is our Data Protection Officer.
Legend Solicitors may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.. This policy was last updated in January 2019.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Full name and address.
- Contact information including email address.
- Other information relevant to client surveys.
We may collect this personal information from you when you:
- Submit an enquiry.
This information is only collected once consent has been provided, and on the legitimate purpose of providing you with information about our services and regular news alerts. We collect anonymous information (including IP addresses) from visitors to our website using analytics tools, cookies and web logs. To find out more about these, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org . This information is only used to improve the service you experience whilst navigating on our site.
PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT IF YOU INSTRUCT US
If you instruct the firm on a professional legal matter we will collect personal data including, but not limited to:
- Your full name and address.
- Information to enable us to check your identity (e.g. date of birth, passport, proof of address)
- Electronic contact details, e.g. email address and mobile phone number.
- Information to enable us to carry out a credit check on you.
- Your financial details relevant to your legal matter to enable a check on the source of your funds if purchasing a property.
HOW AND WHY WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Under data protection law (GDPR – Article 6 and see reference further below), we can only use and process your personal data if we have a proper reason for doing so which includes, but is not limited to the following lawful bases for processing your personal data:
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- For the performance of our contract with you (i.e. provide legal services to you)
- For our legitimate interests or those of a third party (e.g. external auditors and assessors in relation to our cyber essentials and Lexcel accreditations)
- Where you have given clear consent.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
We routinely share your data with:
- Professional advisers who we instruct on your behalf or refer you to, e.g. barristers, medical professionals, accountants, tax advisors or other experts.
- Other third parties necessary or carry out your instructions, e.g. your mortgage provider, H.M. land Registry or Companies House.
- Credit reference agencies.
- Our insurers and brokers.
- External auditors and assessors, e.g. in relation to our cyber essentials and Lexcel accreditations and the audit of our accounts.
- We only allow such service providers to handle your personal data if we are satisfied that they take appropriate measures to protect your personal data.
WHERE YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS HELD
Information may be held at our offices and those of our third party agencies as above.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL DATA WILL BE KEPT
We will keep your personal data after we have finished advising or acting for you. We will do so for one of these reasons:
- To respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf.
- To show that we treated you fairly.
- To keep records required by law. We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
The information collected may be used to provide you with additional information about our services, promotions and events. However, you will need to confirm a subscription in the first place. Subscribers can change or delete their subscriptions at any time.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITE
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Legislation contained in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For more information on this please visit the Information Commissioners’ website at: www.ico.org.uk
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact our Data Protection Officer at:firstname.lastname@example.org
If you believe that any information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to request erasure, restriction or to object to processing of any personal data have or you may provide.
RIGHT TO COMPLAINT
If you, as a Data Subject, are unhappy about the data we hold on you or have any concerns about our responses to any Data Subject Access request you may have lodged, you have a right to complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – following their complaints procedure at: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint
Please read the following notice carefully. Your use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of these conditions.
The content of this website is for general information purposes only and is not intended to constitute legal or other professional advice. Legend Solicitors accepts no liability for loss of any kind as a result of any inaccuracies or of your reliance on the information contained on the site.
Contact our solicitor immediately for legal advice and you need to take action in timely,
Call us on 020 3130 1747 or E-Mail us at email@example.com
Call Us Immediately
+44 (0) 2031301747
We will aim to contact you within 2 hrs on working days
Please give country code for queries from outside UK
Why choose us
- In-depth expertise
- Best solution in quickest time possible
- Cost effectiveness and value for money
- Flexible services tailored to individual needs
- Professionalism of service
- Effective communication
- Courtesy at all times