Share legend legend legend legend

Visiting to Study

Student Visitor or Child Visitor

To come to the UK as a student visitor, you must have been accepted on a course of study in the UK. The institution that provides the course must be:

You must not intend to study at a maintained school.

Prospective Student

If you intend to study in the UK under Tier 4 of the points-based system, but you have not completed the arrangements for your course of study, you might be able to apply for a visa as a prospective student.

You must show that you intend to:

  • Switch into Tier 4 of the points-based system to begin your course within 6 months of arriving in the UK, and then leave the UK at the end of your course;
  • Leave the UK when your permission to stay as a prospective student expires, if you have not been able to switch into Tier 4.

Parent of a Child at School

You can come to the UK as a parent of a child at school if your child is:

  • Under 12 years old; and
  • Attending an independent fee-paying day school under Tier 4 (Child) of the points-based system or under the student category that existed before 31 March 2009.

Contact our solicitor immediately for legal advice and you need to take action in timely,
Call us on 020 3130 1747 or E-Mail us at