The Tier 2 (General) category is for foreign nationals who have been offered a skilled job to fill a gap in the workforce that cannot be filled by a settled worker.
- You must have a job offer and a Certificate of Sponsorship from an organisation that is a licensed sponsor in the UK.
- The sponsor must meet the requirements for the category you are applying under and accept certain responsibilities to help with immigration control.
- You must score a minimum of 70 points
|Assigned Certificate of Sponsorship having met the requirements of:
- A resident labour market test exemption; or
- A resident labour market test by the sponsor; or
- An extension – Continuing to work in the same occupation for the same sponsor.
|Appropriate salary is
- £20,800 and above: or
- You have or last had entry clearance, leave to enter or entry clearance as
- Tier 2 (General)
- Jewish Agency employee; or
- Member of the Operation Ground Staff of an overseas-owned airline; or
- A minister of religion, missionary or member of a religious order; or
- Representative of an Overseas newspaper, News Agency or Broadcasting Organisation; or
- Work Permit holder
You can score these points if you:
- Are a national of a majority English-speaking country; or
- Hold a degree that was taught or researched in English which must be equivalent to a UK Bachelors degree or above; or
- Pass an English language test approved by UKBA; or
- Have ever been granted leave under Tier 1 (General) or Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) or Business Person; or
- Have met the English language requirement in a previous grant of leave; or
- You have previously been granted leave under Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (Sportsperson) before 6 April 2011; or
- You are applying for leave to remain under Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer)
Therefore you must show that:
- You currently have entry clearance, leave to enter, or leave to remain as a Tier 2 skilled worker; or
- Your A-rated (Premium), A-rated Small or Medium-sized Enterprise (SME+) or A-rated sponsor certifies on the Certificate of Sponsorship that they will maintain and accommodate you up to the end of your first month of employment in the UK if required; or
- £945 in personal savings for 90 consecutive days.
Applications for Entry Clearance or Switching into Tier 2 (General)
If you are applying to work in the UK the Certificate of Sponsorship must confirm that the job is at NQF level 6 (or the equivalent in Scotland) as stated in the codes of practice or in a creative sector occupation skilled to NQF level 4 (or the equivalent in Scotland) as listed in the Tier 2 & 5 Sponsor Guidance, or the job is at NQF level 4 and appears on the list of shortage occupations. This does not mean that you must be educated to this level; it means that the job is at that level.
Applications for Leave to Remain
The job does not need to be at NQF 6 level (or the equivalent in Scotland) if you are already in the UK and were initially granted leave in one of the categories below:
- Tier 2 (General) or Qualifying Work Permit Holder for a job which appeared on the shortage occupation list at the time of your grant of leave; and
- You have not since been granted leave to remain, entry clearance or leave to enter in any other route; and
- You are applying for the same job for either the same or different sponsor.
Switching for Tier 4 Students
You must meet all of the following requirements if you are applying to switch into Tier 2 (General) from Tier 4 (General).
- You have successfully completed and passed a UK recognised bachelor’s or master’s degree; or UK Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) or Professional Graduate Diploma of Education (PGDE); or you have completed a minimum of 12 months study in the UK towards a UK PhD during your last grant of leave or period of continuous leave which includes your last grant of leave; and
- Your period of study and/or research towards your award was undertaken whilst you had entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain in the UK and you were not subject to a restriction preventing you from undertaking a course of study and/or research; and
- You studied for the eligible award at a UK institution that is a UK recognised or listed body, or holds a sponsor licence under Tier 4 of the Points-Based System; and
- You are applying from inside the UK.
Contact our solicitor immediately for legal advice and you need to take action in timely,
Call us on 020 3130 1747 or E-Mail us at email@example.com